Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ignore the version of check

Hi everybody
    in my project , i've create in the common menu check that i use in different project .
    the problem is that, when i run a script, those checks (property)always failed .i have the message "difference between the expected version and the actual...",
    but when i go in the detail the the items , but there is no difference, i have the same text for the actual and expected version.
    when i do "save as expected " the check work the next time but only for this script.
    i think it's due to the "version",
    so how can i ignore the version of check
    hope u understand what i mean, and u'll help me
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ignore the version of check

Make sure that when you save, the project that you want to save it to is shown in the Active Project List Box.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

the problème is not the project, but the check, and all the checks are save in the common project and should work for all the other projects

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    all the checks are save in the common project and should work for all the other projects

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you hear or read that?

It is true that they are available for all other projects, but where does it say that they will work for all other projects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

the guy who taught me testpartner!
    perharp i didn't understand what he was meaning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

There is no guarantee that a check in the common project will work for all projects, no more than there is a guarantee that a script defined for a specific purpose in the common project will work for all other projects. It all depends on how the checks (or scripts) were defined.

For instance, if you have a script in the common project that attaches to an application window named "foo", if the particular project you are in does not have a window named "foo", the script in the common project will fail.

Same thing for checks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

yes i know that,
    here I excluded properties that change for the differents projects but the check fail because of the version, i don't know if there is a way to exclude the version

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I run a property check in a visual test and have found that I need to recreate the check for new versions as you are unable to edit the check vs the version. This will cause it to fail with each new version as it will not check past that point.

However, after viewing the results, it will display what failed. If the same is happening for you, I suggest logging a ticket with CompuWare support.
    "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008