Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Run Test Script From Userform

Hello! I apologise if there is already posts detailing the solution to my questions, the back ground is as follows:

I have a userform which displays a list box containing all my scripts in the project. When the user selects the required scripts, I would like to execute the scripts. As I want to execute the scripts from the form. I have seen a lot of solutions where you can run the form from the script, but I would prefer to do it the other way around so [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]I can choose a number of scripts to run in sequence. The ideal would be to run the form, and from the form execute the required scripts.

I have the following code in my userform, but I think I am missing some vital syntax to make the test run efficiently:

Dim TestPartnerApplication As TPApp
    Dim TestPartnerScriptList As TPScripts
    Dim TestPartnerScript As TPScript
    Dim TestPartnerProject As TPProject
    Dim Item As Long
    Dim i As Long
    Dim TestScriptResult As Boolean
    Dim ReturnValue As Double

Set TestPartnerApplication = New TPApp
    Call TestPartnerApplication.Login("admin", "admin", , True)
    Set TestPartnerProject = TestPartnerApplication.Projects.Item("inTouch")
    Set TestPartnerScript = TestPartnerProject.Scripts.Item(1)

frmTestSetup.Hide

TestPartnerProject.Execute (TestPartnerScript.Name, -1, true, bstrPlaybackEnvironment)
    frmTestSetup.Show

-----------------------------------------------------
    My main questions are:
    1.what is bstrPlaybackEnvironment used in the Execute command (Not sure what I should put in this)
    2. Is there a more efficient way to do this?
    3. How do I minimize Test Partner so that I can see the mouse clicks from the test.

Your advice would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Run Test Script From Userform

I don't know about (1) but you can use the following to keep the form out of the way until the script finishes:

Do
    DoEvents
    Loop Until TestPartnerApplication.PlaybackInProgress = False

If you add this after the Hide line it will then wait for the script to finish executing before re-displaying the form.
    VB Tester

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Run Test Script From Userform

You didn't say what version of TP you are using.

For question 3, in TP 6.x, go to the Tools->Options screen. Under General, make sure that "Minimize on Playback" is set to yes.

Regarding running scripts from a form - it looks like you are trying to set up a poor man's QADirector. QADirector will let you set up suites of scripts to run.

Let me ask this - what is driving you to selecting multiple and different sets of scripts to run at different times? Maybe there is an alternative solution that doesn't need a form.