Hello every body, this is my first post.
I have got a problem with TP 5.6, For unknown reasons some Internet Explorer windows are not recognized with the following error message :
The attach name "Microsoft Internet Explorer Window" could not be found in the object map
That use to work but doesn't any longer, please help me...
TestPartner might just be attaching to the window with that "Microsoft Internet Explorer Window" as the title of the IE. When the error happens hit the identify and click the IE window, and see what it gives for the attach name. It will most likely be the new Caption of the Browser (e.g "Software Quality Assurance Forums: Problem with ObjectMap - Microsoft Internet Explorer"). So sometimes a reattach is needed when the title is changed. Hope this helps.
Thank you JordanWb for your answer, the problem occurs on a java script pop up, I've tried to identify it again but the result is the same...
"The attach name "Microsoft Internet Explorer Window" could not be found in the object map."
The problem occurs more and more on several windows...
I've tried to verify Access database using TP utilities...
Code that was working doesn't any longer, I really don't know what to do
Please help !
Did you alter the object map entry name at all as that will throw it off. Also if the properties captured within the object map alter on run time then it won't find it either. Just check your object map entry and make sure that it isn't checking on any spurious values that are likly to change.
Even i was facing this problem yesterday,
try the below options,
1.Record that part again and see if the window name is changing.
2.Keep the window open and open the properties pane of that window in object map, try to locate the window by clicking on Locate button. See if it is locating the correct window. Compare the attach name in the object map and the attache name in the properties window.