Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

BrowserSynchronizationTimeOut Vrs AttachTimeOut

I know that the AttachTimeOut sets the time out for the window and that you can use the tpAttachWait to wait for the time set (by AttachTimeOut) to check for a window being available.

Is there a simular property that I can use with BrowserSynchronizationTimeOut. I need to be able to use a .Exists to check to see if a browser object is available.
    don, CSTP, QAD/TP user since 06
    Test Partner 6.3; QAD 6.1; QADLoad 5.9

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: BrowserSynchronizationTimeOut Vrs AttachTimeOut

BrowserSynchronizationTimeOut is the time TP will wait for the browser busy state.

If you are trying to see if the browser actually exists than you need to use the tpAttachNoWait flag to avoid a playback error when the browser does not actually exist.

If you are trying to see if the browser is busy then there are two reliable ways that I can think of. The first is that you have to instantiate an instance of the browser so that you can access it's properties. One of the properties of an IE object is "Busy" which returns a bool as to if the browser is busy or not. IE requires that a calling object must have instantiated it.

The second which may be a little easier for you is to use the DOM. Using any HTML object you can get a document which allows you to get the "ReadyState" as in the following which uses a referrence to the Microsoft HTML library.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    Dim hb As HTMLButtonElement
    Dim doc As HTMLDocument

Set hb = HTMLButton("Name=textcont").Object
    Set doc = hb.Document

MsgBox doc.ReadyState
    </pre><hr />

Edited because of my awful writing skills [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]