Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TP Ajax Control Elements

Hi there,

I've got an autocomplete Ajax entryfield in the test application, but TP is not able to recognize the sub-elements of the Ajax element.
    It only detects that there is a new DIV (AjaxDIV), but is not able to detect the sub elements of that div, which are generated dynamically by java script.

Is there a way to configure TP to detect those elements?
    Am I doing something wrong.

QTP and Rational Robot are able to detect the sub-elements, so I figure TP must have the means as well.

I am using visual test to record and playback my test cases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TP Ajax Control Elements

If you use the Identify tool (the crosshow icon), click the Identify button and move the cursor over the sub elements: What does it show? Are the sub-elements highlighted? Or is just the entire AjaxDIV highlighted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It only highlights the AjaxDiv element.
    I'm not able to access the sub-elements at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ok, then the only chance is probably the .Object method, for example:

set obj = HTMLDiv("xyz").Object

execute this line in debug mode and add "obj" as a watch (e.g. right click/add watch). There you should be able to see the type of the object.

Set a reference to the Microsoft HTML Object Library (see menu Tools~References). Declare obj of the correct type. Then you should have IntelliSense and can see which methods / attributes are available on obj.

There is probably a method such as "child", "children", "subnodes" or something which you can use to browse to the objects inside the AjaxDiv.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unfortunetly, this method is not possible in visual tests.
    They are somehow limited to a predefined set of operations and I am not able to edit the script via an text editor.
    I guess it's using some form of XML representation is an example of a custom script language used for visual tests.

It's a sahame that QTP does not provide the same recording functionallity as TP, then I'd be all set to go.

Thnaks for your reply, I am sure that the DOM model is capable to return the subelements of the AjaxDIV.