Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Text vs Field Checks?

Hi there, am creating checks for my project and familiarising myself with which to use for each situation. Having used field checks, I'm now unsure as to why you would use a text check. Or possibly the other way around - as text checks are easier to set up, why would I want to use a field check for text? Your advice appreciated, many thanks.
    "Even when the experts all agree, they may well be mistaken."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Text vs Field Checks?

Text checks are more basic. Validate some text exactly. Field checks require a Validation area where you can put criteria on your text like "any valid number".
    ~Alias~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Text vs Field Checks?

Also consider using a CaptureText and validating the text in VBA using InString, If/Else & UserCheck(s). No checks to setup and if the text in the GUI ever changes, all you do is change the code.

Joe