Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

testpartner framework

is there a framework for testpartner also. If so, where can I find more information on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: testpartner framework

What do you mean by "framework for testpartner"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is this connected to your request for information on QTP framework?
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am basically looking for information on framework for automation. The interviewer seemeed very interested in knowing about testpartner framework. I believe there is a framework for automation but I am not sure if exists a framework for testparter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The Framework of TestPartner is mainly built on VBA, which supports .NET, SAP, Java etc. So, you can write your script using VB functions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I still haven't heard anyone tell me what they mean by "framework". mchandru - you mention a framework build on VBA. Does that mean that to you, "framework" is defined as the scripting language?

I was trying to be subtle, since I knew this was an interview question, but apparently I was too subtle. If I were asked a question like this in an interview and didn't understand what the questioner was asking, I would clarify exactly as I did. "What do you mean by a framework for testpartner? I don't understand what you are referring to."

Let's try this again, shall we? What do you mean by "framework for automation" or "framework for testpartner"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

do you mean frameworks such as TMX/TP

http://www.scripttech.com/products-tmxtp.htm

or CaseMaker

http://www.casemaker.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Darell,

What I have meant is TP is built on a framework that supports VBA. I am in process of creating a framwork that supports TP in Testing. Our framework is completely based on VBA scripting and .NET.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I confess that I still don't understand what you are looking for. You are correct - TP is built with VBA as the scripting language. But you could also say that it is built to use to an oracle, SQL or MSAccess database as the repository, so it is built on a database framework also.

I'm not sure what else you need to build to support TP in your testing. TP is a stand-alone product that will run scripts against your application. No other "framework" is required. Unless you are building some sort of interface to a third party application. Unless you are looking for someting along the lines of what QATom is talking about, nothing else is needed to get TP up and running.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The test partner framework is the objects that come with it like IEWIndows and THTMLBrowser ... objects that have been coded in VBA with methods you can call of them.

Test partner just doesn't allow you to write scripts in VBA, but it comes with a lot of pre written code in those objects, and that pre-written code is the testpartner framwwork.

You can add to this framework by creating your own modular code, but that would be a "Framework created for testpartner" and not "Testpartners framework"
    Microsoft Certified Professional Developer for Enterprise Applications
    Solution Developer Consultant
    Richard Maxwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast