When you mention that " have to develop a framework using test partner as part of my project." - it appears that someone has asked you to develop something that you have no clue. It is very well possible that the person who asked you to do this might not also know what is asking you to do.
"As a part of project" -- then may not be possible as Framework development is a project in itself.
Framework for Automation is a mythical and "omnipresent" thing. Key here is to recognise the rationale and idea behind automation framework (AF)
Ask yourself these questions regarding AF ...
1. Who asked you to create one? what are their perspective
2. What are objectives of AF?
3. How various entities (like people, AUT, stakeholders, Tool, automation environment and finally the testers) in Automation eco system interact with this new member -AF.
4. What is the time frame for developing one?
5. what existing resources withing and out side your org that you can use?
6. How do you know you are successful in this attempt?
7. What is the impact of this on the overall Test Automation, Test process, Software Engg Practice and finally the business ....
I have developed one AF and I have gone through similar self questioning process ...that really helped ...
The thing is , We are working on a product. As of now, we have manual test cases. Now my PM asked me to automate the UI related test cases using test partner. Any how i have automation experience of 1.5 years, i dont have good command over that. I used to write only test scripts using already developed framework.
Now I have got a chance of doing everying myself, and I want ot prove it.
Here, I just answer for the above q's
1. My PM, the one asked to do AF as the part of requirement. The main perspective is to reduce the work load and make the testing process faster. and regression. The actual thing is, there are some people who is already doing the same work on Ratioinal Robot, but htey are not able to do all the TCs, so we are planning to prove ourselves that we can do all in TP.
2. Objectives: To have a regression
4. Time Frame : Flexible, but should not be too long
5. I can get what ever i need
6. Once i am able to regress the TCs for one build.
7. on successful, we will be using this for all our products.
I am planning to have a table-driven automation frame work.
even my PM agreed for that.