| || |
Please clarify following doubts.
1. Is TestPartner working as a Clinet/Server technology?
2. If two testers are in one project, how to run the scripts in second user system or Test system which are developed by First user?
Is there any method other than Import/Export?
3. In above scenario, how to use modules/Shared modules by second user, which are developed by First user?
We don't want to duplicate functions/Procedures. Some functions/Procedures are common for the entire project. We want to keep those functions/Procedures in a module and want to use both of them.
Thanks in advance,
Re: Clinet/Server technology
I would suggest that you contact Compuware and have them do a demo for you. Please ask them to address all these questions and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the answers.
The unofficial answers are:
1. Not really. TestPartner is a fat client, storing it's test assets in a central repository. It runs locally, not via a network copy.
2. Because of the central repository mentioned above, there is no problem sharing scripts or any other test assets.
3. Without going into details, if both users have access to the project, all assets will be available to both.
Again, I urge you to not take the answers offered on these forums and go directly to a Compuware rep. Those people are the professionals and can give you the official answers. Anything you get here will be rumor and innuendo, based on personal experience.