Thread: Whenever event

Whenever event

I am having a problem using the whenever method. I did search thru previous topics and had a similar issue as a previous poster, but for some reason I still can't get mine to work.

In my situation, when you browse to the website, there is a login pop-up. But, if you go to another site, and come back to our site, there isn't a login. So, I thought I could use the Whenever function. But it is not working. I think maybe I am just not getting it the idea on how to use this method.

Here is what I have:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sub Main()

' Attach to JACSBrowserObjectMap
    ComboBox("Index=1").Click 72, 4
    ComboBox("Index=1").SetText "www.mywebsite.com"

' Attach to Index=1
    EditBox.Type "{Return}"

' Attach to Name=treeframe
    HTMLAnchor("Caption='Job Options'").Click
    HTMLAnchor("Caption='Schedule Jobs'").Click

'Dim ret As Boolean

Whenever ("browserTest")

End Sub

Private Sub Script_Whenever(ByVal TheEvent As TPEvents.TEventGroup)

Window("Application=IEXPLORE.EXE ClassName='#32770' Caption='Connect to jacssys03.hns-net.com'").Attach
    ComboBox("Parent.Label='&User name:'").DoubleClick 48, 10
    ComboBox("Parent.Label='&User name:'").SetText "userName"
    EditBox("Label='&Password:'").MouseDown 57, 8
    EditBox("Label='&Password:'").MouseUp -26, 1
    EditBox("Label='&Password:'").SetText "passWord"

End Sub

Re: Whenever event

I have a similar situation. When you first go to the web site a window appears for a Security Alert to view the certificate. But once it appears, it usually doesn't come back. I tried the whenever method as well, but I also had problems with it. I resolved my issue by using Window Event. I know a lot of people don't like them, but I haven't had any problems and it works for me every time.

I just wanted to post my resolution on this in case it benefits any of you.

For some reason, window event was working for me, but it worked when I ...

1.... changed it to a Screen event [that is what compuware support suggested].

2....moved the whenever check to the first line of the sub procedure - something to do with test partner polling

3....included a sleep/pause before the end sub so as to give it time to call the event handler.

Hope it helps you.

Wisconsin, USA

Thanks for posting your resolution. This is the type of interaction that really helps the forum grow.

I have a similar issue, I tried using whenever to resolve it. My issue is that I am getting pagecannot be displayed while running the tests and I want the page to get refreshed so that script can run. So I tried writing new whenever event for this, but I the refresh method is not working. I am in webtesting.

window.refresh--> I tried it, but it is not working...if any one has the same problem then help me in this regard.