Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Identifying Individual Items With TestPartner

Hi all,
    we are running around 700 test cases with TestPartner (which consists of bringing up IEXPLORE.exe, doing the necessary tests and killing/closing them after each finishes) and sometimes in the middle of the automation, TestPartner suddenly doesn't identify the buttons or anything within the browser window. It sort of identify the whole browser window as window_gui instead of individuals like htmlbrowser, htmlbutton, etc that's within the webpage. Anyone has this problem and know what causes it or how we can fix it? this lead to the rest of the tests failing because it stops identifying any buttons/links/components from then on, until we restart TestPartner and sometimes we have to reboot the machine.

Thanks,
    Diana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Identifying Individual Items With TestPartner

I have seen this as well. Test partner fails to attach to anything within the browser until it is restarted. Unfortunately I have also never been able to reproduce it consistently, and therefore haven't written it up.

Information Technology Park - Bangalore, India.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes...these problems were always there for many of us. But like many of us I too was unable to reproduce the behaviour.

I was using TP5.2.1 and after installing SP 3 for TP5.2.1 most of the problems which cannot be reproduced were gone.

dianas & ericr which version of TP r u using and do u guys have any SP's installed ?
    There's always one more bug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm using 5.3 (I saw this with the official build 1060, i'm running a beta build at the moment) on Windows XP SP2.

I've only seen this issue a few times, it isn't common but it does require you to close and reopen test partner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi sandeep, i'm using 5.2.1 currently (GA Build 183) but we're upgrading to the latest version soon... (though i fear it'll give us more trouble than good :| i'm just mentally preparing for it *sighs*).
    I've have this problem upteen times Eric, maybe that's cause we have 700 times of opening iexplore.exe and killing the process. Thanks for your reply guys, at least i know i'm not crazy and that is really happening, i hope the newer version will make that it better.
    cheers
    Diana

Information Technology Park - Bangalore, India.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Diana...we have evaluated TP5.2.1 and the latest TP5.3 before placing an order for 6 licenses. In some of the cases TP5.2.1 was much stable and reliable than TP5.03 This may NOT be true for you... as the behaviour of TP depends on many things.

WELL..PLEASE POST BACK YOUR EXPERIENCE ABOUT USING TP5.3 IN COMPARISION TO TP5.2.1

But, for every problem we encounter with TP...there is ALWAYS a work around solution to live with...
    There's always one more bug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hey sandeep,
    currently this version of testpartner is helping me raise my blood pressure...not to mention my temper... it hangs everything in the middle of the testruns (got stuck in the center of the run and fails the rest of the test cases and IE hangs...windows hangs...everything hangs...i have to manually press the reboot button *sighs*), and i have no idea why... well it also could be because i'm new to testpartner [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] but it still makes me curse so much! my team mates are getting used to me cursing it lol.
    i'll be sure to post back my experiences to the upgrade...but i'm so not looking forward to it!
    i hope there's workaround for these hangings of testpartner :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi all,
    The problem in my case is, TP is identifying all individual components in a web application. But In a window based application built on Remedy Action Request, it is unable to recognize individual entities..
    I am using TP ver 5.4 build 1060
    can u guys help me..
    Thanks in advance.
    Kamalesh
    Thanks& Regards
    Kamalesh