Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Populating userform listbox from excel spreadsheet

I want to populate a userform listbox from a range of values in an excel spread sheet. How do I do this? Do I use the RowSource property of the ListBox and stipulate the excel range there and if so how. Also how do I tell Test Partner which spread sheet to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Populating userform listbox from excel spreadsheet

In the activate event for the userform all you should need to do is use the addItem method of the listbox, in a loop, with the values as the pvargItem.

For the other Excel portions of your problem how far have you gotten? In other words do you have the Excel object, the workbook or the worksheet set in your script?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you need to learn anything about VBA and Excel and need how-to's and a forum to ask questions I recommend you check out this place: http://www.ozgrid.com/

I've learned a lot from this site and the forums are really good. Lots of samples. You will figure it all out from here.

Aracknid.
    TestPartner:
    Current AUT running test scripts on TP 6.3 build 183, SQL 2000 DB.
    Legacy AUT running on TP 5.6.0 Build 81 and TP 6.2 build 449 with SQL 2000 DB.

Test Environment:
    TP/IE Clients on VMWare ESX 4.1 server, AUT Servers on VMWare ESX 3.5 server.

Application Under Test (AUT):
    Client/Server based, IE 7/8 interface with SQL 2005/2008 DB.

Automating with TP since August 2004.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you need to learn anything about VBA and Excel and need how-to's and a forum to ask questions I recommend you check out this place: http://www.ozgrid.com/

I've learned a lot from this site and the forums are really good. Lots of samples. You will figure it all out from here.

Aracknid.
    TestPartner:
    Current AUT running test scripts on TP 6.3 build 183, SQL 2000 DB.
    Legacy AUT running on TP 5.6.0 Build 81 and TP 6.2 build 449 with SQL 2000 DB.

Test Environment:
    TP/IE Clients on VMWare ESX 4.1 server, AUT Servers on VMWare ESX 3.5 server.

Application Under Test (AUT):
    Client/Server based, IE 7/8 interface with SQL 2005/2008 DB.

Automating with TP since August 2004.