Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ideas on how to avoid "BitMaps do not Match" message

We recently created several TestPartner scripts with BitMap checks and are using ExecuteCheck to check for the existance of the BitMaps on the screen. The problem we are having is that the "actual" bitmap presented on the screen sporadically differs from the saved/expected bitmap. The work around that we are using is to re-identify the bitmaps after the checks have failed. Unfortunately, the process of re-identifying the bitmaps gets old after doing 10-20 times.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can change our TestPartner scripts to ignore slight changes in stored bitmaps?

Thanks,
    Don Harris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Ideas on how to avoid "BitMaps do not Match" message

Did you see that ther is a pixel threshold on BitMap Checks? Its on the detail tab of the check.
    ~Alias~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I will be brutally honest bitmap testing sucks. Every time I hear it a cold chill falls over my body, but if you absolutely have to.

1. Do not use generic video cards and try to stick with the same video card accross different machines.

2. Make sure that you have verification in your scripts near the beggining to verify that the screen resolution that the machine running the script has the same resolution and color depth of the machine that defined the check.

3. If you still have problems you may have to use a lesser color depth such as high color(16 bit).

4. Use the suggestion that Alias provided. Keep in mind that this number corresponds to the count of the pixels that differ so you may need to use a larger number than anticipated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the replies.

I actually contacted TestPartner support and they suggested that I use WindowEvents and monitor for the events using the Whenever statement.

Thanks Again,
    Don Harris