SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Information Technology Park - Bangalore, India.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to take backup of TP Scripts. Can we use Visual Source Safe or the like?

Hi,

How can I take backup of TP scripts ? If I copy the code alone from code window, how should I get the data TP saves in DB for pagechecks & data driven tests.

I want to take backup of ONLY the important scripts along with all the associated data TP saves for a script.
    There's always one more bug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to take backup of TP Scripts. Can we use Visual Source Safe or the like?

I'm afraid you might be out of luck. As far as I know there is no way to get checks and data tables out of TestPartner database, and even if there was, you would not able to import them back. What is the reason for not wanting to back up the whole database?

I hope also that you are aware that TestPartner has built-in versioning. You are able to make earlier version of an asset the active version in case you are not satisfied with your recent changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to take backup of TP Scripts. Can we use Visual Source Safe or the like?

I have a similar problem and no solutions have come to mind. As far as wanting to export/import only portions I can give you an example of why this is needed. Maybe there is some built in functionality that can do this already.

I have my development server where I develop scripts. At some point a script (and collection of objects,classes,modules,etc) is completed and ready to go to production to be executed. I want to be able to continue to work on shared modules and classes, as well as make any changes to scripts. There needs to be a way to publish code on particular modules only to make them available for executing in a production environment. Copying the entire database to production isn't a good idea, because while my script may be ready, another module that a second developer is working on may not be ready and could cause existing production scripts to fail.

Basically, they need some sort of code branching where code can be worked on and then published to a production branch when ready.