Anyone using TP has SilkTest or WinRunner background
I have very strong SilkTest and some winrunner background. I am going to a project that uses TP. Can anyone tell me in a few line what am I up against.
1. Whats the scripting language is like?
2. Is there anything like .inc or gui map file concept?
3.What you can or can't do in TP that you can do in ST or WR?
Thanks in advance
[ 11-05-2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: KS ]
Re: Anyone using TP has SilkTest or WinRunner background
1) The scripting language AND the scripting environment is Microsoft VBA. So you have the entire VBA library built in, as well as many of the user friendly features of Visual Basic. You will like it because its more powerful/flexible than TSL, but still object oriented like 4Test.
2) Yes its called the Object Map, and all test assets, scripts, object maps, checks, etc are stored in a single Access, SQL or Oracle db.
3) This question is too general. One thing you can do, that many users do on this forum, is add Reference to almost any application library/dll, and utilize it within the script. (i.e. Office Products, DB access, ActiveX controls, etc)
One thing to note... Some functionality of TP will not work on a machine that has Silk Test installed.