Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Automating error reports

Has anyone ever heard of a QA Team that runs Test Partner and when the Suites of test cases are completed, they automatically run a script that will launch a screen capture application such as "WebEX", start recording, then run the script that errored to record the precise steps? I think this would automate the verification process of what is a bug and what is simply "bad code", by simply watching some movie clips. I would appreciate any feedback.
    To error is Development to forgive is QA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Automating error reports

There is a screen capture capablity in the TPHelper.dll (part of the TPCommandBuilder download http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TPUser/) that allows you to capture screen prints to MSWord during playback. Capture an AVI file though... you might have to get creative.

I would create a function that opens your recording application (call it using Shell) and if it does not have a startup parameter to pass it to start a record automatically... automate the start of the record in your TP script/function. Stop and close the same way.
    ~Alias~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have tried to use this feature but cannot seem to get the installation of the dll done properly. I have placed it in the folder designated and selected the TPHelperCommands option on the Tools/References dialogue box, but the snapshot code given as an example does not work...am I supposed to register it & if so how?
    Steve Mathisen
    <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quality is the result of a carefully constructed cultural environment. It has to be the fabric of the organization, not part of the fabric.
    Philip Crosby

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You do not have to reg the dll. Just use Tools~References as you did and enter code...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Dim ss As New SnapShot
    ss.DocOpen

Window(&quot;Caption='QA Forums: TestPartner - Microsoft Internet Explorer*'&quot.Attach
    Sleep 1

ss.DocInsertDesktop
    ss.DocSave &quot;C:\qaforumScreens.doc&quot;</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
    ~Alias~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

That works! Thank you!!! (again!!)
    Steve Mathisen
    &lt;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quality is the result of a carefully constructed cultural environment. It has to be the fabric of the organization, not part of the fabric.
    Philip Crosby