Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to validate the reports displayed in an active X control using "TestPartner"

Hello,

I am doing Automated Testing of a web based project. I am using "TestPartner" for it.
    I am able to test most of its features but i am not able to find out any method to test the reports which are being generated in an ActiveX control.
    For reports generation Crystal reports are being used.

I dont know what strategy to follow and what parameters should be used to validate the reports.

Can anyone please suggest me something on this issue??

Mukesh Karwal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to validate the reports displayed in an active X control using "TestPartner"

I think you will have a hard time doing any validation on a report within crystal reports. Even if you tap into the activeX control... it likely does not have any knowledge of the information within the report, it just handles the loading and un-loading of things.

Usually the best option is to print/export the report and validate it from there. Depending on the format you can read into a file searching for what you want... or just collect the reports and then manually verify them to complete the test.
    ~Alias~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to validate the reports displayed in an active X control using "TestPartner"

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Today i have started the work on this module again after a long time.
    And i had forgotten that i have already pasted a query for this. So i have pasted similar query again on the community.

Based upon ur suggestion what i am planning to do is :-

1. I will export the report to an .xls file.
    2. Save this file as Stored Expected Result.
    3. During execution, i will define a query through Test Partner and then i will try to get this report again through automated script.
    4. Now i will save the actual report in the another xls sheet as Actual Results.
    5. In the Test Partner i will write a function, which will do the following :-
    a. It will open up the two xls sheets (Stored Expected result and Actual Result).
    b. Compare the two sheets cell to cell.
    c. If at any point of time , the comparison fails, we will say that test case has failed otherwise test case is OK.

Mukesh