Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Launching and navigating IE in the background

If I wanted to access a webpage but not necessarily want the browser to be launched/visible, how would I do this? I know how to launch a webpage and write code to login and interact with controls when there is a browser (.settext,.click, etc.) but if I want to run this as a background process where .visible = False, then I need some help.

I'd need to be able to log into a webpage, enter my search parameters and then read in the browser.document to get at the objects I want.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Launching and navigating IE in the background

If you use the object browser, and the .object method you may be able to do some simple things like you mention.

'Add reference to MS Internet Controls

dim myIE as new Internet Explorer

myIE.visable = true
    myIE.navigate "http://blah blah"

then when you get to driving controls, I know that the difference between using ().click vs. ().object.click is that the second way does not use the mouse to click the control, but rather calls the DOM click method. I am sure that this can carry through in some way to other objects, but have never tried it. My ?guess? on a settext would be something like ().object.text = "alias"
    ~Alias~