Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Reading the values from the file

I need help to read values from a file and pass them to parameters. ie., manually create a data file and pass the values for each iteration untill the end of file. How can I save my input file and call it in the script?
    Thanks,
    Penu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Reading the values from the file

what sort of file are you using? You know testpartner can get access from excel very easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can you please tell me about it? Any file which will input data to the parameters is fine.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You might want to download the Command Builder from the TPUser group and look at command group TestData. These commands use the TPHelperCommand component to implement methods that make it pretty easy and straightforward to variablize a script and read an external data file. The Command Builder also includes a number of examples of how to read external files and databases. Look at File I/O commands and the Sample code section under the Help menu.