Activex Recognition and NAME property

Hi there,

Can somebody help me to identify what have I missed out....Please..

I am using TP 5.2.0 Build 810 basically, I have trouble identifying my vsflexgrid object as an activex. It always show as a GUIOject evertime I go to browser tree...

I already included the vsflexgrid8l.ocx in tools~reference.

But still unsuccessful [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , I have already ask the compuware about my problem but they couldn't figure out until now what is the problem in my script. It's been 3 weeks now...

They have sent me a sample application that uses the component one vsflexgrid 8 light, and with this application I am still NOT able to identify the object as an activex. But over their side using the same version of the testpartner they have managed to trap the object as an activex....
    I have seen that they on the property list they can managed to display the NAME property, but over my side it is not displaying...

Please help me, I am getting frustrated with TP. I basically couldn't automate anything as our application is 80% using the component one vsflexgrid....

Thank you in advance,

Re: Activex Recognition and NAME property

Sounds like you are doing everything right. Are you using VSFlexGrid Pro from ComponentOne? If so, what version? Also, what operating system are you running? Is there any chance you could send me a small app with the component in it? It could ba simple as a form with the component and no code behind it.

BTW, adding a reference to the control doesn't affect whether or not TP can Identify it.

[ 03-02-2004, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: mrtechguy03 ]

Hi mrtechguy03,

Thank you very much for the information. We are using vsflexgrid8l. I have sent to your email the sample application that I couldn't identify as an activex.

Hi mrtechguy03,

By the way, our operating system is Windows 2000.