Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Delay in Recording SAP Portal

We are testing a SAP Portal using TP. When i start recording for any screen within the Portal, TP becomes standstill for about half a minute and then it starts recording. In this process sometimes it does not record at all and we close TP and then re-open it. Then, It does recording but still waits for approx half a minute before recording.

Same thing happens for any new screen that appears during recording.

Please Advise !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Delay in Recording SAP Portal

The TP 5.1.1 release notes say that SAP GUI for HTML has to running in Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.0. Is this the case?

Otherwise, sounds like a tech support question, as there is no "setting" that will change that behavior. http://frontline.compuware.com/

Hope this helps...
    ~Alias~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

We are running in IE5.5 and also tried IE6.0. With IE 6.0, we get a Test Partner Error which we have already forwarded to the compuware support people.

Thanks for help, i was wondering if there is anything in setting that can change the behavior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sounds like an enumeration problem. TestPartner will enumerate all the controls on a page, so if there are alot of controls to enumerate then you may see this type of behavior. This would also explain why the problem occurs when going to a new page. As a test you might want to try creating a new property check to see how long it takes to complete. If it takes a while then it is a good indication that this is the problem. I found a page last week that I couldn't do a property check on because it would cause TestPartner to crash. I was quite suprised until I took a look at the source code and found that it was over 300 pages long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks, I tend to agree but there are some occasions when there are not many controls (in my opinion) and Test Partner takes some time, For example a small window confirming if the changes are to be saved or not.
    However, the suggestion you are making is to create the property check for the whole page? Interestingly, Test Partner takes 15-30 sec in most of our checks, so we thought that is the standards with TestPartner.
    I will try the property check and see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I just created property checks for My application and QA Forum links page. QA forum page had 414 objects and SAP Portal had 442 objects. The process for creating the property check for QAforum page was completed in 15 seconds while SAP Portal took about 4 minutes to complete. The total no of objects does not differ much but probably the type of objects that are in SAPPortal take more time than that in QAForum.

SAP Portal is a system generated web page of SAP GUI by ITS Server. Hence,i think, the objects are generated at run time and take more time to be captured. I am not sure just thinking !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

One thing to think about is how much info the Property check is pulling in. Since you are using a Browser based app... you may want to try the Browser Check. It is a pre-templated property check, that only pulls in 1-2 properties for each web component. Not sure if it will speed up capture, but likely will spead up playback.

You activate the browser check with a HotKey combo only... (I believe it is alt F5) BTW... You can create a property check, set all of your exclusions, and then manually apply the template of that check to any new checks.

Let us know if this worked.
    ~Alias~