Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Capturing File-Close in Web browser

I am trying to record a web application. To close this, i select file~ close. When i replay this, it gives error " Selection not available" or something like this. How to get this sorted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Capturing File-Close in Web browser

This should work...

Sub Main()

Window("Caption='QA Forums: Capturing File-Close in Web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer*'").Attach
    Window.MenuSelect "File~Close"

End Sub

There is also a "Menu by ID" option in the settings.
    ~Alias~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sometimes, i am not sure why?, it says selection not available or this window does not have menu (something like that)? What should we do in Menu setting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well, I don't know if you are having the same problem, but in our environment TestPartner sometimes looses it ability to handle menus. There's no other cure for that except closing and openening TestPartner and the application where menus can't be detected. This seems to happen only on XP though, and I think TestPartner 5.1.1 is not officially supported on that platform.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It is true that TP is not supported on XP officially but the same is happening on NT as well. It is very difficult to reach the conclusion but COmpuware tools are very unstable on large networks (means for large users) . That is my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have seen TP error on a menu select, but the error was "Window does not have a menu." This was a focus issue and I was able to fix it with a Window(name).Attach then Window.SetFocus
    ...Furthermore you can close a browser with Window.Close

On a side note...Is there a reason you are testing this functionality? Unless your application adds Menu Items to the Browser menu, this is Microsoft/Netscape's test responsibility.
    ~Alias~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

it is not the functionality that i am testing. I was recording a web based application and during that i had to close the browser window. I was puzzled on this issue, why TP is not capturing this and Playing it back. However i did some workaround. I will try your suggestion "window.setfocus" also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I got this resolved with

Window.Attach
    Window.SystemMenuSelect "Close"
    Yes Alias, I have also seen the same problem, with TP. "Windows does not have a menu". I resolved that with using hotkeys.