Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Copying Data Tables and Entire Project

I have created data driven scripts in common project. I have copied those scripts into another project.Data table it is still referencing the common project ones.

Can somebody tell me how to copy data tables into another project?

How to copy the entire project into another system itself?

My system got crashed i have taken backup of entire testpartner folder.When the next time i install the testpartner.Is it sufficient if i replace only the old database file with the new database.

------------------

[This message has been edited by satishkumar (edited 07-09-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Copying Data Tables and Entire Project

As far as I know, data tables can't be copied to other projects, because they aren't technically "asset" types. When you create a data table, it gets directly tied to the script that it was created in. For your second question, all you need to do is copy your existing testpartner.mdb file onto your new system. The database contains all asset information, options, users, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Copying Data Tables and Entire Project

Hi Satish,

You might want to consider doing data driven testing using comma delimited files (csv) instead of the TestPartner wizard. I found this approach far easier as the wizard is fundamentally buggy and not easy to use.

Ross.

------------------
    Ross Ryan
    rossryan@ireland.com
    Ross