Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Calling Function

I have two projects Common and A, and a function XYZ written in both projects, Now I am writing a script in Project A and Calling XYZ function.
    My Question is , From which project the function called into the script.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Calling Function

I'm assumming you have those XYZ functions in a shared module?

If that is the case, the default is to call the function in the same project.

So if you have a Shared Module in the Common project called "Common_Functions" and it contains a function called XYZ, and you have a Shared Module in the A project called "A_Functions", you can do this in Project A's test script "Test1"

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    Sub Main()

XYZ ' &lt;-- default is to call the function in the same project

A_Functions.XYZ ' &lt;-- Same as above

Common_Functions.XYZ ' &lt;-- Calls the function in Common

End Sub
    </pre><hr />

This could also be done with classes and modules too, but you need to include them if they are not in Common. If you didn't include them, then it wouldn't be aware of them so it might behave differently.

Aracknid
    TestPartner:
    Current AUT running test scripts on TP 6.3 build 183, SQL 2000 DB.
    Legacy AUT running on TP 5.6.0 Build 81 and TP 6.2 build 449 with SQL 2000 DB.

Test Environment:
    TP/IE Clients on VMWare ESX 4.1 server, AUT Servers on VMWare ESX 3.5 server.

Application Under Test (AUT):
    Client/Server based, IE 7/8 interface with SQL 2005/2008 DB.

Automating with TP since August 2004.