Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Microfocus Test Partner Invokation Remotely

Hi,

My name is Sunil. I have a query regarding Test Partner. Below is my query:

I have a Build machine and Server machine and both are on different machines. Build machine has Hudson/Maven, which take care of creation/deployment of the build in the Server machine.

The task I have to do is:

As soon as the build gets deployed in the Server machine, I want the Test Partner to get notified and execute the Test Scripts automatically. The Test Partner is on different machine. Is there any way to notify the Test Partner remotely? As per my requirement, Test Partner SHOULD NOT be on either Build machine/Server machine. As soon as the Test Partner invoked automatically, The test scripts have to be executed on OTHER 4 different machines with different number of test scripts.

I have tried using a batch file. I can able to invoke the Test Partner, which is there in my machine from remote machine(which also has Test Partner on it). But, I couldn’t able to run it from remote machine, which has no Test Partner on it.

Can you please suggest me a good solution…?

Thanks,
    Sunil Reddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Microfocus Test Partner Invokation Remotely

I think you should create "bridge" between those Server machine and computer where test partner installed. You can do this by create simple table on database on server machine and grant other machine to access the database.

This table store flag that inform test partner machine there is new build that already deployed on server machine. You can create scheduler on test partner machine to read that flag and playback the script if there is new build

Everything would be easy to do as long as server machine/ build machine has ability to store the flag to the table, as soon as new build has been created or new build has been deployed to server machine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Microfocus Test Partner Invokation Remotely

My understanding is that you cannot execute/run Test Partner scripts on a computer that does not have Test Partner installed on it.
    don, CSTP, QAD/TP user since 06
    Test Partner 6.3; QAD 6.1; QADLoad 5.9