Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Using tpAttachChild

Hi,

I've been trying to use tpAttachChild to try to attach to objects or search for objects with the scope of a currently attached object. However, it's not working for me and I'm wondering if I'm using it incorrectly.

Here's an example:

<table name="table1">
    <td>...</td>
    <td InnerText="SomeData">....</td>
    <td>...</td>
    </table>

<table name="table2">
    <td>...</td>
    <td InnerText="SomeData">....</td>
    <td>...</td>
    </table>

What I want to do is search "table2" for the existence of the "SomeData" TD. This is the code I have:

Dim tdfind As THTMLTD
    Dim flags As tpAttachFlags

flags = tpAttachNoWait & tpAttachChild

HTMLTable("Name='Table2'").Attach

Set tdfind = HTMLTD("InnerText='SomeData'", flags)

If tdfind.Exists Then

However, through experimentation, I know that this search returns the "SomeData" cell from Table1. I know I could use the "Index=2" property to make sure I get the TD from Table2, but this is a dynamic app and Table1 won't always exist.

Am I using tpAttachChild incorrectly? I'd appreciate any advice on how to perform a search for objects within the scope of a currently attached object.

Thx!!
    Scott.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Using tpAttachChild

Using tpAttachChild wouild not solve your problem.
    your Field in concern is htmltd object which in turn seems to be a dynamic control (ajax). It is one of the limitation of TestPartner to identify Dynamic Controls and execute it. I have mentioned same in my earlier posts

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Ca...true#Post535585

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...e=0#Post530381

However as a workaround you need to use code like below:
    HTMLTD("InnerText=" & strFieldValue & " Row=1 Column=1").Click 15, 34.
    Here 15,34 are the my field coordinates where I want TestPartner to click. You need to change this coordinates depending location for htmltd in your application screen.
    -Manish
    TeatPartner 6.0.0 (Present)
    QTP 8.1 (Earlier)