Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to get external data whthout active data

Hi All,

I have an issue about active data in TP. As we know we can get testing data from external excel by active data. But the precondition is the external excel is defined as a active data. My question is that if I haven't defined the excel as active data before, how can I declare it as active data in test script and how to access it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to get external data whthout active data

You can reference excel directly without using an ActiveData asset. This should allow you to create new documents and iterate through them as needed. The drawback is that you dont get to see the data through the TestPartner UI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to get external data whthout active data

Thanks for your reply. Based on your suggestion, is it mean I have to use "excel API" instead of "ActiveData API" to access the data file? I think it is not very convenient