Thread: QARun Newbie

QARun Newbie

Hello All...

I am totally brand spankin' new to QARun and Quality Assurance Software...

My organization purchased the product back in 5/2002 and used it very little and we are now digging it out and trying to find what benefit it will have for us and should we keep it or not...

I can't find any doc on it, so per the Forum Guidelines, I won't ask, but will be contacting our Compuware Rep this week to try to get some...

My question is - for those of you that are and have been using it, do you find it beneficial and why???

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks In Advance...

farmington hills, MI, US

Re: QARun Newbie

If you are able to get doc from Compuware then I would assume that means you still have maintanence with Compuware and you may be better off switching to TestPartner which I do not believe will cost anything if you have maintanence. Unless your testing PorwerBuilder. There is no support for PowerBuilder in TestPartner.

I have found TestPartner to be more reliable and flexible over QARun. They both provide the same types of benefits which the major being a reduction in testing time which saves $.

Remember to start off small until you are familiar/comfortable with whichever product you choose as you don't want to have to go back and rewrite alot of your earlier work. Also keep in mind that you can't automate everything. So start with simple repetitive tasks and progress for there. Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Wisconsin, USA

Re: QARun Newbie

If you are starting out new with QARun and have not built any automation with it, I would encourage you to look at TestPartner instead. QARun is no longer supported.