Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QA RUN acripting Language

Hi All,
    This may be a silly question for you all. Since i am new to QARUN i guess i can ask this question. Can anyone pls help me out that which scripting laguage is used in QA RUN?

Regards
    Ananth.T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QA RUN acripting Language

QARun uses a scripting language which is, I think, unique to QARun.

I know parts of it appear similar to parts of Visual Basic but it certainly is not VB.
    Graham

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Evan! Thankyou very much for your useful info!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have heard the language referred to as AWL, not that it mean much. The closest language that I can come up with is Pascal, but there are some .attribute commands thrown in to look VB like.

It is more Pascal then C, because of the lack of pointers, structures and instancing. Otherwise I would say standard C, not C++.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

According to a meeting with a rep, I believe the language is called RSL (runtime scriptime language perhaps?) But I could be wrong as AWL (Automated Window/Wrapper Language?)is referred to a great deal as Nanook mentioned.

It's a weak language, IMHO, with a great deal missing. I am only using it for some legacy PB applications otherwise it would go straight to the "bit bucket". I have found myself writing more custom code than anything as a result of its lack of funtionality thus far but I haven't used it that long. I came from a TSL background and found it a bit better.

I have been getting some exposure to Test Partner and with its use of VBA it seems much more promising. Just wish it supported those PB apps! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Considering writing a TestPartner framework around called QARun scripts so I can stay in one IDE as well.

Best of luck in your use of it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Todd Holden
    Quality Assurance - TDOT
    Majestic Integration Systems
    Automated Test Developer - A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate objects.