Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QARun documentation

Hi

I am new to compuware products and I am looking for some technical documentation that gives me a good start to learn QARun,QALoad,QADirector products of Compuware. I couldn't find any information on the web and compuware support site needs a userid/pwd which don't have as I don't have any of these products. I really appreciate if someone could lead me/share any PDF's/material like any getting started/technical documentation.As I have a very less time to get started with these products and any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

regards,
    -P
    reachfast@yahoo.com

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QARun documentation

You can't learn these products without having them to work on! I can tell you the theory of riding a bicycle - push the pedals with your feet, change gear according to whether you are on a hill, break to slow down when cornering - but unless you try it you won't know how your body has to react to keep yourself on the bike as you ride through puddles and try to avoid being squashed by speeding cars and lorries.

I use QARun's help and command wizard with bits that I don't understand, and then its down to trial and error.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QARun comes with a "Document Bookshelf", a pdf file that has a tutorial in it to get you framilar with it's features. After that you will need to read other documents you can find on the web(www.stickyminds.com) and books that teach you on automation techniques, like data driven automation and building architecture with less code and that's easy to maintain.

------------------
    "If your not part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem."
    If your not part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Smith and QAGuy,

Thanks for your simple and straight forward explanation(s). FYI., I still have to get the product before working on it/read the help/documentation that comes with it. I asked that question to know whether I could get some documentation that explains the language syntax/commands so that I can do the initial reading/homework before I actually get the product and work on it. But I liked the way you guys explained it and being a beginner, these suggestions are very useful to me.

thanks for your time

regards,
    -P

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I need system requirements, supported environments and features for QARun for comparison reasons. Unfortunatelly Compuware does not have these things listed in their home page (since I am just evaluating different tools, I do not have a license for QARun...). If anyone could help me I would be extremely happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I would suggest contacting your local compuware salesman and asking them to set up a proof of concept, or if you don't want to go that far, ask them for the documentation. In my experience, they will be more than happy to help. All you have to do is ask them.