While automation we have followed shell scripting and different scripts are formed for different screens. Now when one script finishes playback by closing that screen and starts with the next script, AN IE BROWSER CRASH appears and prompts user whether he wants to send this error or not.
Has any one faced same kind of problem. Please tell me how to over come that as this make impossible for me to run a human unintervented script.
Build of QARun used is 1745
[This message has been edited by Shikha (edited 03-13-2003).]
For this you'd have to write a lot of OnError handlers in all your scripts to keep checking if that situation exists and what to do if it is found. Not having a robust recovery system in place makes it difficult to have the true unattended testing you are seeking.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamesso: For this you'd have to write a lot of OnError handlers in all your scripts to keep checking if that situation exists and what to do if it is found. Not having a robust recovery system in place makes it difficult to have the true unattended testing you are seeking.
Using Errohandler is good but as far as i think ErroHandler will get executed only if function or statement used, returns any error. The IE crash received is not due to any fuction or statement, it is occuring due to some OS funtioning.
Do let me know if errorhanlder can handle any unexpected window upcomming situtaion.
Hey, I have tried using Event -> Window
(got successin implementing it for some unexpected screens). But problem that now i m facing is that QARun is not identifing this Error window. I hve placed this event both the child scripts as well as in Parent script, but was not successful.
Has any one any solution for it.
Hi This is happening to me as well. I have noticed that if the same steps ar followed manually then, IE does not crash. but as soon as the script is run it happens usually in Search windows. IE 6.0 and QA Run 1745 are being used. I tried using event / error handling but everytime this happens there is a different position the screen crashes and i need to open the screen back at that position before i can continue.
I reaaly need some help at this point. Can some one give some solution.
Hi, this is a problem which faces most people that use QArun over IE. I've had limited success in combating this problem. Firstly i found that the IE error was occouring when i closed down the browser. This was easily remedied by getting QArun to look for the Attach window each time the browser was closed and handeling it. Unfortunately I've now come accross the error when I'm opening a new window from a link. The page only half loads before the IE error occours and QArun can't see the Attach box because its still performing the previous operation which has now crashed. I'm experimenting with different solutions and will post back when i have found some success.