I am attempting to exclude a specific static control from the form check. This control's job is to show the position that the cursor is on screen (it is a CAD application). During the form check, this control's value is guaranteed to never be the same as what was originally saved in the script.
So, I went into the Inclusions tab of the form check dialog, found the control, and put an X beside it (so it isn't included).
I then run the test again (expecting the form check to pass) but it failed again on the control that I had excluded (showing up as an in the Form Check Report dialog, in the ITEMS tab as an "idem added").
So, I went back into the form check dialog and went to the Properties tab. In there, I also excluded the static control from there. Ran the check again, and this time it passed.
So all this brings me to my questions:
What is the distinction between the Properties Tab and the Inclusions Tab (they both seem to allow me to do virtually the same thing)?
When should I select one, not the other?
When should I select both?

Although I got it to work as I want, the app-under-test has a huge number of potential form checks, so I really need to have solid knowledge of checks.

Still on the steep part of the learning curve,
Mark H