SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Points for Confirmed Friends

Bitmap check dialog dissapears when trying to capture a window

Hi

I am wondering if anybody else has come across this problem. When I try to capture a window for a bitmap check. The Check dialog just dissapears and never comes back. I have to physically stop QARun through the Task Manager. I am working in Win XP environment.
    Thanks for any comments.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Bitmap check dialog dissapears when trying to capture a window

Did you try it on Win2k or NT?

I don't think QARun fully supports XP yet.

------------------
    "If your not part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem."
    If your not part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.

I have tried it on 98 and ME. The problem is still there. The image capture process in a bitmap checkjust just never returns. I am surprised at why other people are not experiencing this problem. This is a significant issue which is rendering the bitmap check feature useless.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I know that when I capture a bitmap image for a check or event, QARun does disappear, but it returns after a second or two. Maybe it is taking longer for you. Have you tried capturing the bitmap, and then just waiting a minute or so to see if it comes back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What version of QARun is it?

I use 4.7 on win2k and nt and don't have a problem.

------------------
    "If your not part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem."
    If your not part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.

I have waited for several minutes. The problem only goes away when I re-install QARun after a reboot, but returns soon enough.
    The QARun version I am using is 4.7.4.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shahbaz Ahmad:
    I have waited for several minutes. The problem only goes away when I re-install QARun after a reboot, but returns soon enough.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like you may be using up system resources after the boot beyond the point where it will work. When it next goes Pete Tong check how much free memory you have and how much your cpu is being used.

------------------
    -Colin
    colind@profund.com http://www.profund.com

[This message has been edited by Colin Deady (edited 05-16-2002).]

No, System resources does not seem to be the problem. The CPU is idle all the time during the wait. I have tested this with nothing but only QArun executing on a Pentium III 1 GHz 128MB machine.
    Looks like its only me who is having this problem. I dont know what is it that I am doing wrong. Are there any learn settings that I have to enable/disable for a bitmap check to work ? I dont think so.
    Thanks for all the comments.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Have you tried closing the captured image with the "X" in the upper right When I do that, the check is there.

------------------

No, the bitmap capture window never appears. There is no QARun window at all, but QARun.exe can be seen in the Task manager processes.

------------------