Thread: TEST STRATEGY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TEST STRATEGY

WE HAVE BOUGHT QARUN TOOL FOR CLIENT SERVER TESTINGAND OUR MANAGEMENT WANTS TO AUTOMATE THE TEST AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. WE HAVE EVEOLVED OUT SOME STATEGY. BUT WHICH IS THE BEST STRATEGY TO BE ADOPTED FOR AUTOMATION.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TEST STRATEGY

hi,

start with the basics. Don't try to automate VERY complicated tests in the begining. Choose the tests that are going to require the less maintenance so you ROI is higher. These are very simple advices but they saved a few of the projects I did consulting on. If you don't start the basic way you'll have to restart from scratch in a few month (I know I did 5 years ago...)

Good luck I hope everything is well documented and that you have explicit requirements to test

Yann

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

There is a PDF document on the CD-Rom called Compuware Best Practices for Testing, this is a nice guide in develeping a test strategy and moving into Automation.

Thx.

------------------
    ~Alias~
    ~Alias~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I would first walk thru your application with the Identify tool because if the tool can Identify the object the tool can automate the testing process... Contact Compuware to help set the default settings in script learning...

------------------