How to get File Version info

Does anyone have an idea how I can get File Version info on .exe or .dll files from QARun script? Is it possible to call COM objects? How?

Re: How to get File Version info

DLLFunc() or rightclick, properties, etc...

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not really what I'm looking for. First, I don't want to start Explorer, display the files and right-click them in order to parse the properties window. It must be possible to get version info from within the code. There is 'FileTime' command, there is no 'FileVersion'. OK, I don't mind using external DLL call, but DLLFunc doesn't understand anything like 'Declare DllFunc "str oVersion.oVersionInfo.oGetFileVersion( str ) MyDLL" GetFileVersion'. Tried also other combinations of above, all to no avail. So my questions are:

1. How can I get this info from Version.dll, which is a 'normal' windows dll, not a COM?

2. Is it possible to call COM objects? What would be the syntax?

Any help appreciated, thx.

Sorry, put the example in wrong brackets. should look better now.

[This message has been edited by tug0rj7 (edited 11-15-2001).]

I needed to do this in my testing and I wrote a function/DLL to do it. It returns the version info as a string. Let me know if you are interested in it.

I also would like to see how to declare Dllfunc to get the file version. Seems like most things that would be usefull for testing are not completely introduced into this product yet?

Did someone already write a function to get the version info of DLL? If so, could you send it to me? Thanks!!