Perhaps you have to many significant fields selected. Look at your objects details in the objectmap.
If the title/parent title include variables like a date or sequensenumber, use '*' instead of the variable part
Try if Class Name, Module, Type, Title and Parent title are unique enough for the object. If posible, don't select ID, Index, X pos etc. as significant fields. ID's can differ each Window session.
If this is the problem, try for learning objects, to change the significant field mask.
2) Create a short script to reproduce the problem.
4) Attempt to replay.
5) When you encounter the error that it cannot find the window, go into the Object Map and select to create a new object map entry. Identify the same window and then click ok.
6) If the problem is happening you should now have two object map entries for the problematic window. There is an option in the menu to compare object map entries. Select both object map entries (ctrl + click on each object map entry) and then select to compare object map entries. What are the differences?
Tech Support should definitely be able to walk you through this process if you need help, or my post here is not clear.
QACenter Enterprise Edition
Product Line Sales Support Manager
When I compared the two object map entries I realised that the Titles where different hence used the wild card charcter "*" to cover the variable part this works for 5 replays out of 10. I really don't know why that is happening.
On closer examination of the window, revealed that the title of the window kept changing every time a field was on the window was populated. Didn't know how to handle this situation for the instructions listed in the manual for creating Object Map entries for objects which have dynamic titles would just not work.
Another thing that happened during the whoe thing was the newly registred object would not record while learning inspite of having the "Enable Attach Mapping2 options tunred on....
Any more alternatives ...Would be most welcome...
Senior Test Consultant
Try unchecking id and/or index as a significant field. Sometimes the id changes when your app is closed and restarted. You may have to uncheck more. Usually just the parent, title, module, class is needed.
If your not part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.