Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QARun with Oracle Forms

Hi everyone...

I have a couple questions regarding the interaction of Oracle Forms 6.0 and QARun 4.7.

I cannot for the life of me get QARun to accept Oracle's 4GL names. I've installed the proper DLL's and followed every step listed in the manual. I can get QARun to accept 4GL names from an HTML form in Netscape (which to me indicates that QARun at least is set up properly). However, when performing the same actions in Forms, the ugly control names ("~3", "~5") are still appearing. Has anyone else hit this pitfall?

Also, in Oracle (maybe related to above?), I cannot get QARun to correctly attach to ListBoxes. They are recorded correctly, but even when I play back a recording, ListBoxes are not properly handled by the ListBox( ) command.

I also seem to be having difficulty with capturing screen text in Forms using the Capture( ) and CaptureBox( ) commands. For example, when performing a CaptureBox( ) on a dialog box, QARun is picking up the text that appears in the buttons of the dialog box, and ignoring the text of the dialog box.

I know it's a lot, but if anyone has experience with any of these issues, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Jim.

[This message has been edited by jcronen (edited 07-24-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QARun with Oracle Forms

as to the ~3, ~4 control names, will will most likely need to alias them to standard control types using the alias map. I do that w/ our ActiveX controls. Once the alias is in place, you can reference "~3" as a "list box", for example.