SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Whenever clause

Points for Confirmed Friends

Whenever clause

I need some help with using the Whenever clause. It doesn't work.
    The code below is what I am running.
    The application-under-test issues a dialog box when the application is ready to time out. This dialog box has a two pushbuttons. The user has the option to maintain the connection or sign off by pressing the corresponding pushbutton. The user presses the Maintain Connection pushbutton to keep the connection alive. The code I have written sets up a MakeEvent for the existence of the dialog box, and sets up a Whenever clause to call the MaintainConnection function which presses the Maintain Connection pushbutton. When I run the script it doesn't recognize that the window (dialog box) exists, so the MaintainConnection function never gets executed. Why not?

//Test maintainconnection logic
    Timeout = MakeEvent ( ''window'', ''~N~WM32.EXE~#32770~Westlaw Time Out'', ''exists'' )

whenever Timeout call MaintainConnection

Suspend

End Function ; Main

Re: Whenever clause

Hello,
    With the information provided, I think your problem is that the window name has altered. Try using Activewindow name instead of recording a specific window name.

Simon Wellington(OCS Consulting)

Re: Whenever clause

Hi Kathy

Your script will not work because you are assinging a variable the value of the MakeEvent but are doing nothing with it. Your best bet would be to use QARun's own Event Map functions and define the event outside of the script. You can do this by selecteing Insert~Event fromt he editor's main menu options. The resulting code would look similar to the following:

Function Main

//Close Down is a Window Event defined using the Insert~Event
    //option from the editors main window. It defines the existance
    //of the window
    Whenever ''Close Down'' Call OnCloseDown
    Suspend

End Function ; Main

//This function can be called by the INCLUDE FUNCTION if
    //required

Function OnCloseDown
    ;
    ; Function to handle the event 'Close Down'