Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

question about qaload and server

i need a protocol and a full solution for 30 000 Virtual users for running APA(QAload etc...)is it anybody does have any idee about how many Server \ processor \ backup \SQL Server etc...
    i got a spec like .. HW spesification is 1,5GB x 5 free RAM and 2GHz x 5 CPU (Intel core) it does mean thant it could run until 3750 users.
    could it be correct??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: question about qaload and server

Welcome to SQA Forums.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand all of your question...

What is APA?

Are you asking how many QALoad Virtual Users you could run and a PC/Server with 7.5GB RAM and 5, 2GHz CPUs? Or if from some calulation based on that data, this machine could handle 3750 QALoad Virtual Users?
    A problem is a difference between what is perceived and what is desired, that
    we want to reduce
    (Dewey 1933)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

These questions would be best answered by tech support at Compuware. Did you call them and ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

thanks,
    this machine must handle 3750 QALoad Virtual Users,and my total vitual user will be 30 000 QALoad VU,
    APA is ( Application Performance Assessment )
    compuware are not able to give a right answer,i already contact them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Of course, the only sure way to know is trial and error because there are many variables including the complexity of the script (i.e. parsing), middleware, etc. I guess that is part of your question too though... But it can get complex. It is even possible to introduce bugs in your script and over-work the PC.

Some ideas are to try using the HTTP mode instead of HTML mode (assuming you are using WWW middleware). It seems that using winsock middleware may reduce player PC overhead since it is a lower-level protocol, but that will be more difficult.

Additionally you can turn off Conductor options such as Expert User, timing updates, heart-beat, etc. to reduce player PC overhead.

Another consideration is the network you are going to be running these 30,000 VU on. Doesn't matter how beefy your PC is if the network doesn't handle the load appropriatly and I think this would be a concern for that many users and could appear as a player PC issue if not properly monitored/analyzed.

What was Compuware's answer and how do you know it was wrong? While my experience has been that they over estimate the number of VU a PC can handle, it sure seems that they would be able to give you valid input on how to reduce the player PC overhead.

Not trying to offend, but I have to ask, if your company can afford 30,000 VU license, can't they add more player PCs?
    we want to reduce
    (Dewey 1933)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Drazle..
    turn off the conductor Expert can be a good solution,
    but my real question is physique,number of Server\ Processor\
    thant i need for 30 000 VU.

Yes we have the capacity for over 30 000 VU License.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    compuware are not able to give a right answer,i already contact them.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Drazzle said, what did they say and how do you know it was the wrong answer?

Was it really the case that they didn't give the answer you wanted to hear, so therefore it was wrong?

3750 VUs per player machine seems a bit high to me also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

well,i am sending you they're point of view and tell me what do u think.

Protokoll: HTTP

Memory : 2MB
    with variation of 0.5MB to 10MB; for application that test script inside the web side
    SAP: 40MB+, Citrix: 8MB+, Oracle Forms Server: 6MB+
    if HW capacity is 1,5GB free RAM for one 2GB RAM server and 2GHz CPU, estimation arround 1500MB/2MB = 750 virtuelle user (VU).

5000VU = 7 x lastgeneratorer with minimum 1.5GB free RAM and 2Ghx CPU
    10.000VU = 14 x lastgeneratorer with minimum 1.5GB free RAM and 2Ghx CPU
    15.000VU = 20 x lastgeneratorer with minimum 1.5GB free RAM and 2Ghx CPU
    25.000VU = 33 x lastgeneratorer with minimum 1.5GB free RAM and 2Ghx CPU

If HW spesification is 1,5GB x 5 free RAM and 2GHz x 5 CPU (Intel core) it does mean that a server like this could drive until 3750 brukere.
    "remarque:it is very important to load more IP Address to the nett for the balance of the traffic and forwarding.

as i know the number of licence per server is limited,that why..
    tell me if it is not clear,i will send you more explaination ,i am just a bit confuse and i c't make any mistake on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Drazle said:"Not trying to offend, but I have to ask, if your company can afford 30,000 VU license, can't they add more player PCs? "

this is not a problem of capacity ,but the right things to do,and come back to my manager and superior with a finish protocol..with the right solution.
    and until now i only have speculation and not specification...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ahhh....

It appears to me that what you quote says 750 VU for a PC with 2GB RAM (1.5GB free when idle) and a 2GHz CPU. That sounds "reasonable" - especially since you need to consider the throughput of the network card also.

We have almost identical specs on our player PCs and I requested 1 PC for every 500 VU that they wanted me to run. I haven't actually run 500, but I believe that they could handle more based on what I have run on them... But I'm guessing.

This part I don't understand at all...
    [ QUOTE ]

5000VU = 7 x lastgeneratorer with minimum 1.5GB free RAM and 2Ghx CPU
    10.000VU = 14 x lastgeneratorer with minimum 1.5GB free RAM and 2Ghx CPU
    15.000VU = 20 x lastgeneratorer with minimum 1.5GB free RAM and 2Ghx CPU
    25.000VU = 33 x lastgeneratorer with minimum 1.5GB free RAM and 2Ghx CPU

[/ QUOTE ]

But this part makes a kind of sense
    [ QUOTE ]

If HW spesification is 1,5GB x 5 free RAM and 2GHz x 5 CPU (Intel core) it does mean that a server like this could drive until 3750 brukere.

[/ QUOTE ]
    This sounds like they are saying a Server with 7.5 GB free RAM and 5, 2GHz CPUs can handle 3750 VU. That "sounds reasonalbe" to me, but again - it would need to be tested. And again, you may need more than 1 network card in this server to handle the throughput

And I believe this part...
    [ QUOTE ]

"remarque:it is very important to load more IP Address to the nett for the balance of the traffic and forwarding.

[/ QUOTE ]
    is saying to use IP spoofing for the application/web server load balancing.

This part...
    [ QUOTE ]

as i know the number of licence per server is limited,that why..

[/ QUOTE ]
    I don't understand. I've never heard of a license per server limit...

Sorry I can't be of more help. But if you are going to make a recommendation, be sure to point out that these are Compuware's numbers and there needs to be a Proof of Concept to validate them... Experience indicates that load test software vendors over-estimate the VU limit of player PCs.
    we want to reduce
    (Dewey 1933)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast