Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

.gif cannot be recognised by QA load tool

Hi,

one image i.e. IcoCustomer2_16.gif is there on one CRM Page.This is menu bar icon.When I click icon, one screen will be opened. I can open this screen by clicking submenu text 'Identify customer'. But If i opened like this, then at one request 'Page cannot be displayed' is coming. If i open the screen by clicking that icon,no error is coming.

After completing operation when i come back the first screen,at that point also,page cannot be displayed is coming as Client error 404.

The below is the request cannot be handled
    http://aix203.cpwplc.net:30000/Advis...stomer2_16.gif

Is there any option to handle this type of icons.

Thank you for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: .gif cannot be recognised by QA load tool

This could be a tricky issue, or not... Are you sure that icoCustomer2_16.gif exists in that location?

Inspect the script file for the 2 methods of navigation and try to find the difference. The one with the error may have some dynamic parameter that is being missed.

Since performance testing is not about functional verification (for the most part), why not just record the way that works?
    A problem is a difference between what is perceived and what is desired, that
    we want to reduce
    (Dewey 1933)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    As you suggested, I can use the way in which it is working fine. But When I navigate back to the screen(which consists icoCustomer2_gif) after visiting all required screens, then Client error is being occurred. why because I am not using this icon as it is not required to navigate to that page.
    So QA Load tool is unable to recognise the icon.
    Is there any way to capture this icon.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Most likely there is some dynamic parameter that you are missing.

Is this happening when you try to do transaction looping? That is more than 1 transaction per login? If so, my first guess is the above and it may be that your application isn't specifically supported by QALoad.

You should probably log a call to Compuware support.

With Siebel, I cannot get transaction looping to work. I know that it may look like it is the .gif giving the error, but I bet that if you record 2 loops and compare the initial page in question, you will see that there are parameters chaning.
    A problem is a difference between what is perceived and what is desired, that
    we want to reduce
    (Dewey 1933)