Recording the oracle session
I'm trying to record an oracle session. This is what I do:
1. Session>Oracle menu (not Oracle Forms Server, because the transmission protocol is The Oracle
Transparent Network Substrate (TNS) protocol)
2. Options>Record menu. I tried to use both settings: user started and automatic
3. Start recording,
4. Run the application and generate traffic (if I watch the transmission by the Ethereal, I see
the transferred queries etc.)
Unfortunately QALoad doesn't record anything (there's no information in the script between
"BEGIN_TRANSACTION();" and "END_TRANSACTION();")
Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?
Re: Recording the oracle session
Need more info on the app and the middleware e.g.
- what's the app written in?
- what's the version of the middleware?
- is is using/loading the client-side Oracle middleware libs?
If the app is not using the Oracle client to connect, we;re not going to learn anything with this module. this module injects into the Net8/9 libraries.
Was there anything in the .cap capture file? May point you in the direction if anything is being recorded, rather than if anything is being converted to a script.