Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QALoad Conductor / Options/ Machines

Within the above there is an option 'Threads for each 65MB block' which is currently set at 125. Could someone explain in 'Noddy' terms the significance of this value and if changing the value (+ / -) could affect the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QALoad Conductor / Options/ Machines

This just states how manu Vurtual Users (process based or thread based) assigned to a machine per 64MB memory block. In other words since VU are loaded into memory, how many can I fit into 64MB? By default if i am running them with thread mode i can fit 125 of them and with process i can only fit 5. You probably asking why so different?

remember, process based mode leaves larger foot print on your memory than does the thread mode since with thread mode, many of the libraries are shared between players.

hope that helps

[ 01-05-2006, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Guardian ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by Guardian:
    This just states how manu Vurtual Users (process based or thread based) assigned to a machine per 64MB memory block. In other words since VU are loaded into memory, how many can I fit into 64MB? By default if i am running them with thread mode i can fit 125 of them and with process i can only fit 5. You probably asking why so different?

remember, process based mode leaves larger foot print on your memory than does the thread mode since with thread mode, many of the libraries are shared between players.

hope that helps
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by Guardian:

hope that helps
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by anesbitt:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Originally posted by Guardian:

hope that helps
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Does this mean that if I decrease/increase the number of VUs per 64MB, there will a noticeable difference in their performance ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, if you set the number too high you might overload your machine when running large load test for a long period of time. This can cause either unexplained haults or crashes in the system under test

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Also When running the Load Test thru Conductor you can watch the Player Machine Health Graph (One of the Tab while running the Load Test on the Conductor), if you use more Users in the Player machine it crosses the critical level and you might not get the good result from the Load Test or it might crash as Gaurdiabn said.

Subhash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Also under 'Machine Configuration' you will notice Max Threads and Max Processes columns. Those numbers are populated when you discover machines and tells you what is available for that particular machine. This value is automatically determined based on the settings in the Machine Defaults area on the Options dialog box. You can overwrite the default value for the selected Player machine by double-clicking on the machine name and changing the amount in this field. I would only do it if you notice instability or memory leaks or to echo SilverOak Player Machine Health Graph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

As a side note, I would suggest monitoring the player health during test execution. Remember, as stated by Guardian, the default value of the number of VUs per memory block is a guideline. Because of the latitude that you have within the scripting process, you can certainly affect the footprint of a virtual user. Because of this, monitoring the player during test execution can give some ideas as to whether or not the player machine, itself might be having an advers affect on the test, thus skewing the overall results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast