Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Middleware QALoad

Hello, I´ve been tried to prove an application with VB 3, the test is only login of the application... when initiating the test I put a trace in SQL, to check that between the user but does not take place movement in this...I make script in QARun inserts it in QALoad and when initiating the test is observed as if was automated the process of login, is not made the test as in others middlewares... of which way, how can I make the test without one sees as if it was automating

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Middleware QALoad

Im have the same problem... =(.
    //SALM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The QARun middleware is not a true performance testing middleware - all that it does is invoke a functional test script from QARun. Since QARun invokes the Windows Message Map to send keyboard and mouse commands, it is impossible execute more than one user at a time on a given machine.

For a true performance test, set up the application to use something like an ODBC connection and record that with the QALoad ODBC middleware (or something similar).

If you are wondering, it is included as an option because many times users do not believe the results that QALoad provides, and want to see the application actually being opened and used under load conditions. The QARun middleware accomplishes this.

Hope that helps!
    Bryan Cole
    Solutions Architect

HP Software Solutions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello,i'have been using QAload(winsock session) to test the remoting application in ASP.net.,iam getting the sever reply as null...how can i get the server reply in winsock session.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The other thing you can do with QARun coupled with QALoad is to record the script that you wish to load test in QARun. Then start a QALoad record session and play back the QARun script. You then have a QALoad script that can be quickly regenerated every time you change something in the middle, but the UI stays the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Mohkal,

When you get a NULL reply from a web server / service, you are experiencing something that is NOT POSSIBLE according to the W3C.

Note that Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, and any other browser out there (and QALoad, incidentally), will attempt to retry when they receive a null reply from the server. The W3C says it should never happen, but it still does.

I would suggest trying to use the WWW middleware for testing instead of Winsock - the scripting is MUCH easier and faster, and a lot of dynamic things like Redirects and retrys are done for you.
    Bryan Cole
    Solutions Architect

HP Software Solutions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

hello..
    iam using winsock session to test remoting application(ASP.net).We want to test in Winsock instead of WWW session.
    i want to parametrize a particular value from a string in request
    DO_WSK_SEND(S1,".....");
    i have splitted the string and took that particular value, and then i have concatenated.After that, i have send the request using SEND command.
    while printing the request,it seems full request is not send.the value after "\" is not taken.
    whether this will affect the Expect command.
    DO_WSK_EXPECT.

2) how can i identify a seesion id.
    how can i overcome, when the same script runs again and again using 1000 users.

3)I record a transaction and i generate a script.The same transaction when i recorded again there are marked differences.How come.I use Winsock session.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello Mohkal,

If you are recording an HTTP call in Winsock and it is markedly different each time, I have to ask:

Are you using SSL encryption?

If you are, then you will not be able to use winsock at all - the data is encrypted specifically so you cannot sniff with a tool like winsock.

As for how to identify a session ID, you would need to parse the return. After a DO_WSK_Send, you have a DO_WSK_Expect. After the expect, put in a Response() function to get the response. Note that a winsock response typically contains lots of NULL pointers, making it impossible to use string commands against them. Try this instead:

pszPointer = UnEscapeStr(Response(), ResponseLength());

where the pszPointer is the response you are looking for.

One last question: have you contacted technical support?

Hope this helps!
    Bryan Cole
    Solutions Architect

HP Software Solutions