Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QALoad Vs Loadrunner

My client is working on the decision to buy QALoad due to cost advantage. I do not have any experience on the QALoad test tool and i tried gathering information about the +/- of QALoad against Loadrunner to advise him about making an investment for the long run. But am unfortunate to collect more information from the external sources or existing threads of this forum.

In the initial analysis, both tools support our application load test needs. But i wonder about the QALoad's support,usability, efficiency, correctness etc against loadrunner.

Please help me in providing your experience between these tools. We do not want to end up in problems later.

Also let us know if there any additional efforts needs to be harvested.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QALoad Vs Loadrunner

Can we get some additional information about the environment in which you are testing (web, SAP, etc)? Overall, I would venture to say that the support is pretty equal. In my experiences, familiarity with a particular system leads to religion. Without history with a tool, adoption of either can be relatively straightforward, but the specific environment can affect potential hiccups. Started with QALoad, worked with both; sex appeal goes to LR, pricing edge certainly goes to QAL; a competent test team will garner comparable results with both. Is a monitoring solution required as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What about Rendezvous point in QALoad?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

We call the Rendezvous points Synch points. In the Visual Navigator right-click and insert tree item -> Synch Point. In a code based script, from the function wizard, drag in the SYNCH function or simply type it out

SYNCH();

Hope that helps
    Bryan Cole
    Solutions Architect

HP Software Solutions