Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Compartmentalizing

Hi there,
    Can anyone suggest how to compartmentalize Script using in QA Load for WWW middleware.
    Scenario is like
    1. Login
    2. Business Logic Manipulation
    3. Logout

I would like to make the above 3 points as 3 separate scripts and use the login, logout script for my rest of the Business logic manipulation script. So that the Login, Logout remains same and other Business logic Manipulation changes on different scenario for various Virtual User.

OR

Is it possible to make it as standard library like function for login and logout and handle the business logic separately? (As like calling C Functions for each user to login and logout, If so kindly explain me). I read somewhere the PLAYER_INFO value has to be passed, but was not given in detail about it,,, pls provide in detail.

Expecting for your Reply and some suggestions
    Thanks VP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Compartmentalizing

Yes, you can create a header file and use functions to obtain the behavior you desire. In your case you would create a Login and Logout function, as well as functions to represent any other step within the business process you are testing. The functions must get passed the the address of the 's_info' data structure. For instance, your script may look like the following:

login(s_info);
    search(s_info);
    selectResult(s_info);
    viewDetails(s_info);
    logout(s_info);
    Matthew Adcock
    RTTS - The Software Quality Experts
    360 Lexington Avenue, 9th Floor
    New York, NY 10017
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewadcock/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Compartmentalizing

Hi,
    Thats great, Very well explanation, thanks a lot.
    Another clarification.
    For every function Login(s_info), Search(s_info) etc it has got DO_Http calls.

1. My question is if i have these individual bits and pieces as functions and when try to integrate in a C file in QA Load how will the ActionURL, Anchor/Field arrays are taken care.
    Is it like i need to manually change the index value appropriately and integrate them in the function.

Moreover i cannot record a bit separately whichever i need it, it starts from the first like Login page,Search Page and then stop the recording process to cut and paste to make it as a separate function...

2. Is this only way to do the comparmentalizing?

If i need to compartmentalize the search function on different test cases then every time i have to login and record the process untill i achieve the test case for search function.

Kindly clarify me on this.

Thanks , Cheers VP