I need to set up IP Spoofing for QALoad. I think I can follow the directions in the help file with minimal hassle, but my question is much more simple in nature: these have to be reserved IP addresses that are unused by any other system on the network, correct?
Is there a way to verify that these IP addresses are actually being used by QALoad on the proper player machines? I don't want to "assume" that I've set everything up properly and not verify, only to find that I'm completely wrong.
...so I'm now having problems validating the scripts that have this set up:
WWW Navigate_To: WWW_ERROR_00127 -- IP Spoofing unable to bind <variablized IP address> (error = (10049) The requested address is not valid in its context.
Here's what I did:
1. Got a list of IP addresses (240 of them)
2. Created IPSPOOF.dat files onto the 5 machines that we can use as player machines
3. In the "Transaction Setup" section of the script, I inserted a tree item of "Read Datapool: IPSPOOF"
4. In the "Transaction Setup" section of the script, I inserted a tree item of "IP Spoof:" and told it to read the variable from the local datapool file named "IPSPOOF.dat"
5. Attempted to validate the script
I know that it's reading from the file properly, because it tells me the IP Address that it's attempting to use.
There's a part in the help file that confuses me as well:
"The local datapool being read needs to contain a list of static IP addresses that are bound to the NIC on each player machine."
"...bound to the NIC"?? How do I bind these specific IPs to the NIC?