Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Please explain me how to configure VC++ compiler

i have installed vc++ compiler which i found in the web. but the compiler is not being configured by the QAload. Can you expalin me the process of configuring the compiler??? so that i can compile my WWW type of scripts

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Please explain me how to configure VC++ compiler

Did you call Compuware tech support?

I believe that you will find that a specific compiler is required, not just any old compiler that you found on the web.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Dileep,

DSquared is right. You should find out what compilers are supported.

In the Script Development Workbench Options -> Workbench -> Compiler settings, have you chosen a compiler?

HTH
    Eric Proegler
    Performance Lead
    Hyland Software

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes I know that I have to select a compiler. But the thing is there is no compiler listed in the Option->Workbench->Compiler settings or Options->C++ compiler settings.

Please explain me clearly about this.
    I stay out of US, Canada. So I am not calling customer care

Thanks in advance
    Dileep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I stay out of US, Canada. So I am not calling customer care

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, that severely limits your options. We do not provide first line support for QALoad here. To get that support, you will have to call Compuware tech support. Why not call the support number in India?

I have not read the release notes for QALoad in a long time. What does it say about supported compilers there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    I have done with my problem. Now I can be able to compile my WWW type of scripts using my QALoad Tool.
    And the software I installed is Visual Studio 6.0

@ moderator: In the release notes it was given that one need to install visual c++ 6.0 or later, visual studio dotnet 2002,2003,2005. I thank the creator of this community. And one more thing I am not expecting first line support for QALoad here. Iam just asking the people who has already into this tool and know about the tool that which version of the software to be installed, that I found in the other thread with same problem. Please try to cooperate.

Thanks once again
    Dileep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    @ moderator: In the release notes it was given that one need to install visual c++ 6.0 or later, visual studio dotnet 2002,2003,2005. I thank the creator of this community. And one more thing I am not expecting first line support for QALoad here. Iam just asking the people who has already into this tool and know about the tool that which version of the software to be installed, that I found in the other thread with same problem. Please try to cooperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dileep - since you addressed this directly to me, I will respond directly. Your first and best source of information for QALoad is ALWAYS Compuware tech support, NOT this forum. We, and me, are being very cooperative. Sometimes the correct answer is to refer the asker to the appropriate source of information - in this case, tech support or the release notes. Asking others for advice is just fine, but asking questions that could be easily answered by support and expecting an answer here versus a flat refusal to call tech support is not a good position to take. I suggest that you reconsider your approach to support. Why wait three days for an answer when you can get it in 5 minutes?