Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sorting categories in QA director 5

In Version 4 the test categories were stored in alphabetical order. In QA 5 they are stored in the order of which they are entered. Although there is a filter facility you cannot sort alphabetically, is there anyway that you can sort the test categories alphabetically?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Sorting categories in QA director 5

Did you ask Compuware tech support?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Was advised not to use them as it would take ages. Usually the people on forums know the answers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm not sure what you mean with test categories, but if you mean the dialog window you get when you want to open a project, there's no way to sort them at the moment, sorry to say. I have an open enhancement request about that.

I would like to encourage you to contact Compuware too. You would think there's a greater chance to get this fixed if more customers reported it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The categories I am talking about appear in a couple of places. In the Script Information Center the categories are shown with all the associated scripts under them. They also appear in a drop down box when writing a script, you have to set a category for a script to belong to. These are the two places which we would like to see some form of ordering

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ok, now I see, you mean manual test categories. There's no way to sort them alphabetically at the moment. Although I'm pretty sure there's an existing enhancement request on this, I'd recommend you to take this up with Compuware for the reasons mentioned in my previous post. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by theeta:
    I would like to encourage you to contact Compuware too. You would think there's a greater chance to get this fixed if more customers reported it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I can tell you that this IS the case. They keep track of how many people request a certain enhancement, and when the number of people requesting hits a certain threshold, it bubbles to the top as an item to include in the next release. So the thinking "someone else already requested it, so I don't have to" is flawed.