SPONSORS:

User Tag List

new to SilkTest - IE 5 object download time and size

Is it possible to obtain the download time and size of each object from all the Gets in an HTTP request? That is, say I request www.segue.com in IE 5, I want the size of each object in the page and the time it takes to download each object in that page. I am using SilkTest to automate IE to go to a number of websites. Is SilkTest the right tool to get the desired info?

Thanks

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: new to SilkTest - IE 5 object download time and size

This info is not available in SilkTest. SilkPerformer will give you this info.

Hi,
    What about if we set start time before down loading and elapse time after down loading

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suggest that you look into a different tool to measure download times.

While Silk Performer can give you download times for an entire pages as well as any images in the page, buying Performer for just that functionality is overkill.

You might want to look into LinkBot. I think that application can give you download times for any pages it checks.

I've also included a perl script that I've modified that gives download times for a web page and (optionally) any images referred in the web page.

You'll need to install ActiveState Perl <http://www.activestate.com> in order to run the script from a Win32 environment.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anup Kulkarni:
    Is it possible to obtain the download time and size of each object from all the Gets in an HTTP request? That is, say I request www.segue.com in IE 5, I want the size of each object in the page and the time it takes to download each object in that page. I am using SilkTest to automate IE to go to a number of websites. Is SilkTest the right tool to get the desired info?

Thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>