Thread: Class mapping

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class mapping

Hi Friends,
    I am facing Problem with silk 5.0.3, Here is Info.,I am trying to capture Text on a Windows based application and it shows ThunderRT6PictureBoxDC1 as custom class and I maped it to input custom class on the left, and selected a standard class (such as static TextField/Box/statictext1) on the right. This should assign the methods and
    properties of a standard TextBox to the CustomWin. But in the below I still see its not caputuring the Text it shows empty.

Before Mapping.

[ ] MessageBox.CustomWin("[AfxWnd40]#1|$0").PushButton("OK|$0[1]").Click ()
    [-] KARPOWERMayJun2000.SSTabCtlWndClass1.AfxWnd408.Thu nderRT6PictureBoxDC1.VerifyProperties ({...})
    [ ] ""
    [-] {...}
    [ ] {"Enabled", TRUE}
    [ ] {"Rect", [RECT] {7, 2, 273, 63}}

After Mapping.

Static Text1--
    [-] testcase Test1 () appstate none
    [-] recording
    [ ] KARPOWERJulAug2000.SetActive ()
    [ ] KARPOWERJulAug2000.SSTabCtlWndClass1.AfxWnd405.Cus tomWin("[ThunderRT6TextBox]#1|$11|(464,14)").Click (1, 16, 10)
    [ ] KARPOWERJulAug2000.SSTabCtlWndClass1.AfxWnd405.Cus tomWin("[ThunderRT6TextBox]#1|$11|(464,14)").TypeKeys ("1NXBB02E0VZ571978<Enter>")
    [ ] KARPOWERJulAug2000.SSTabCtlWndClass1.AfxWnd405.FpO CXComboBox203.CustomWin("[fpComboEditOCX20]#1|$1562|(70,9)").TypeKeys ("<Enter>")
    [ ] KARPOWERJulAug2000.SSTabCtlWndClass1.AfxWnd405.Cus tomWin("[ThunderRT6TextBox]#2|$8|(425,110)").TypeKeys ("10000")
    [ ] KARPOWERJulAug2000.SSTabCtlWndClass1.AfxWnd406.Sel ectEquipment.Click ()
    [ ] MessageBox.SetActive ()
    [ ] MessageBox.CustomWin("[AfxWnd40]#1|$0|(295,168)").PushButton("OK|#1|$0[1]|(153,311)").Click ()
    [-] KARPOWERJulAug2000.SSTabCtlWndClass1.AfxWnd408.Sta ticText1.VerifyProperties ({...})
    [ ] ""
    [-] {...}
    [ ] {"Enabled", TRUE}
    [ ] {"Rect", [RECT]
    {7, 2, 273, 63}}
    [ ] {"Text", ""}

Thanks in Advance
    Krish

krish

rg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Class mapping

Looks like you have not enabled the ActiveX extension for your application. Classmapping should be done automatically once you do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I am having the same problem, Krish is having. I also have ActiveX extension enabled for my application.

I enabled ActiveX extension as follows.

From Option menu select Extension. Click new. Select exe file of my application. Select Primary extension none. Check the ActiveX control.

Did I do right way or do i needed to something else. Please let me know. Thank in advance.

Yamini

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rg:
    Looks like you have not enabled the ActiveX extension for your application. Classmapping should be done automatically once you do that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi rg,Kamini
    I enabled ActiveX extention the same way Kamini did even then I still see the same problem.Kamini I think its the only way to enable Active X extention

krish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to turn on the ActiveX Extension TWICE!
    One for SilkTest, and once for the Agent.
    From your description, you only turned it on
    for SilkTest. To turn on the extension for
    the Agent, you must, from Windows, select
    Programs -> SilkTest -> Extensions Enabler.
    Then click "New", type the ".exe" name of
    your application, then check the "ActiveX" box.
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I turned on ActiveX Extension at both places.
    When I use verifySelText property, I get "" instead of Selected text and mytestcase failed. I have mapped a custome class to TextField but I am not able to use all the properties.

I really appreciate your help.

Yamini

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RobKapteyn:
    You need to turn on the ActiveX Extension TWICE!
    One for SilkTest, and once for the Agent.
    From your description, you only turned it on
    for SilkTest. To turn on the extension for
    the Agent, you must, from Windows, select
    Programs -> SilkTest -> Extensions Enabler.
    Then click "New", type the ".exe" name of
    your application, then check the "ActiveX" box.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yamini,Rob
    I still see the same when I did set active-x in the silk test and agent too,Finally I went to Segue people,They are also having the same problem but they told me they will fix in a week and I am just waiting for them,I spent lot of time in solving in this Issue many of the advised to class map,enable active-x but these don't work.

Friends let us know wether Silk can solve this problem or not.Thanks in advance
    krish